PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Net Jets Middle East - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 12th Aug 2009, 22:49
Unpaid in Jeddah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Batsky-RT.. still employed in the Middle East? Lucky you that CF hasn't seen this thread then isn't it?

As for the Aussie and US friction - there's none of it. Its a total lie engendered by the very very FEW useless and inept American pilots in the company. Like spoilt kids, their last resort is playing the "race" card. With that mindset, it begins to explain why they can never improve and are always struggling.

Iver : As for your nark comment - the creeps and those clearly unfit to sit in a cockpit need outing - its the only way this profession will progress - I am surprised that you have a problem with this. Now is the time to prune and to strive for quality in this industry. The decent guys, the silent majority, deserve this. The least we can do for the next generation of pilots is to keep the bar high and to strive for higher standards. Otherwise the grubs win and this profession becomes devalued. Ask yourself which side would you rather be on?

Joe Hunt - The great influx of deadbeats were hired into NJME at a time of a global pilot shortage and so very little cross checking occurred. Fake log books, a gift of the gab and a glossy smile and in you came as G4 pilot with allegedly heaps of experience in India. Once in, we were faced with the task of trying to rehabilitate and train these grubs because its a very time consuming and difficult process to organize new interviews, not mention getting new Iqamas. It takes about 6 months to hire someone. In times of a pilot shortage, being Middle East based means its very difficult to attract the same quality candidate as the BA's and UA's of this world this is why we have these problems in NJME. I trust this explains why things are as they are and why your comparison is unfair.

And of course, it WAS certainly true, our recruiting process was flawed by the desperation of management to get bums into seats at a time of explosive expansion. Which is why the likes of Batsky and his mates managed to con themselves a job - only to be found out after their first line flight. This is not the case anymore. The recruiting process is more stringent now.

Like any large organization, NJME has its faults and I'm not here to defend them. But operationally, as an organization, it does strive to operate to the highest standards anywhere in the world. It works to the rule of law, the GOM and to SOPS and it rewards a safe mindset. The crews who remain at NJME can hold their heads high - for the most part they are good, competent and safe operators who constantly work hard to keep up a high standard of operation,.

As always, if anyone is interested, email me, I'm happy to provide ALL answers to any questions. I am more than happy to back up all that I have written.