PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots self-employed for tax purposes.
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2009, 19:35
Flyingstig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

night flight, Dont get sanctimonious with me!

This thread was born out of postings re the fact that times are hard and employers are cutting contract T & C`s accordingly.(see the Astraeus thread!) Those of us seeking employment now are going to be earning a great deal less than was available even a year ago! Through this medium we might find ways of offsetting the precarious nature of temporary contracts!
There have been times in my career when I haven`t paid any taxes at all and I still managed to sleep at night.
I started paying tax when I was 19 years old. I have paid school fees and private health, and never taken taken a penny of unemployment benefit (not to date anyway!) and trust me I have paid a sight more than I have ever had out of any government in this country!

And I really feel sorry for your 40%! I would welcome the chance to have to pay it!!

AL446, what? not enough `action` over on RYR centre court?

If you read the start of this thread you will see that I was meticulous in cautioning anyone incriminating themselves. This is a general discussion relating to references made on centre court!
If there is nothing of value to be said then it will dry up of its own accord, which is the right way of things!!
I have no wish to see this as a thread which slides into the aimless muck slinging which is such a feature of this site. If that`s the way its headed then lets stop it now, and a big THANK YOU! to those who took the trouble to post in a mature and constructive way!

As a man, more eloquent than I, used to say..........."Good Night and may your God go with you".