PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overhead Joins - who has priority?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2009, 16:36
Wide-Body

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Pace

you are probably right on most accounts, but it works well. We do not have ATC of any sort. We have multiple non radio aircraft and the most active aerobatic scene in the south. We are constricted to the space around us due LHR. Although the flight training may have many ac in the circuit we are GA only so speeds between 50-130 kts are accommodated. A pilot must observe rule 12, and I suggest if he is worried about a minute extra flight time then the temptation not to go around on cost basis may be in his mind. It is mentally a bad place to be. On lower cloud base days we are flexible enough to change the procedures. It is notable the the landing rate goes down than in an OHJ day.

This subject polarises pilots, you have some good arguments but loose it with the rubbish bits you say.

If you are concerned about your carbon footprint, the average GA four seater is not viable. We can fit a silencer for the noise pollution. If you are concerned at loosing control even on a very windy day drop me a PM and I will give you and hour of FREE instruction.

The OHJ works, you have to be a bit more switched on. Flexibility is the key. To state it should be banned is narrow minded. Have a look at some accident rates you will find very few mid air collisions have occurred ( I have the stats somewhere). While you are at it you want to regulate non radio, look how many times non radio pilots have incidents, then look how many times people have incidents messing with avionics.

Fly safe