PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Yokes for FS 2002
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2002, 03:06
zhishengji751

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive found the logitech joysticks to fade/spike etc after a while, so I dont think thats money well spent. The throttle slider is terrible. I know a number of others who have also ditched their logitechs.

For a stick twist rudder, the microsoft sidewinder2 ff is very good quality, and should last a long time. One thing I like about the FF2 is that the centering forces can be altered, so it can be setup to more suit your style.. ie: strong centering force etc. Trimming with the stick is also quite easy, as the forces are only 'on' when you have your pinkie around the grip (it has a sensor there), so depending on how you hold it, its possible to use it without any centering forces etc.

If you like more HOTAS setup, the Saitek X45 is great value for a seperate joystick and throttle. The throttle also has a large rocker switch which can be mapped for rudder. It also has a number of trim pots so you can trim out elevator and ailerons etc. Its fully programmable. It has third party programming support for windows XP.
The X45 can be bought for $165 at microdirect, and that includes postage.

I'd also recommend seperate CH pedals if you can go the cost.
PC Aviator sell the pedals.