PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cwmbran or Astac?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2009, 07:46
ATCO2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heathrow Director, Thanks for your reply. I am aware of the subjects covered in training and do not at all underestimate the amount of work required. I was more trying to ascertain the practical level achieved during training for a student licence and the pass rate of the courses (i.e. an indication of the percentage of trainees who actually complete the courses at either training organisation - rather than the pass mark for the exams).

As regards the decision not to apply for NATS this is a "lifestyle" choice. I do not aspire to work in Swanwick or at one of the busier airfields where NATS provide air traffic services and the likelihood of being posted to one of the more regional airfields is, I understand, fairly remote.

So back to the original questions, any views on either Cwmbran or Astac? Also any indication of the traffic levels, number of IFR/VFR movements during the sim runs, and complexity of the airfield and airspace used in initial training (As mentioned before I appreciate this will not vary between either of the independent colleges or Hurn)?

Anyone with any info please feel free to PM me rather than posting on the forum if you prefer. Thanks.