PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. pilots will not be armed... (merged)
Old 30th May 2002, 01:40
mriya225

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt. Crosswind,
My apologies for having expressed my visceral indignation, with so little patience. My statement with regard to "pilots never being armed" was meant to be interpreted as a light-hearted ribbing (which is why I specified that it was an impression of John McLaughlin--to call up the image of his grumpy, dogmatic wrapup of segments) in response to Wino's statement, when trying to get the thread back on track.

Gents,
I had hoped I might be able to talk you out of this idea--but, I genuinely appreciate your motives for being adamently in favor of it.

I sent Lowlight over because he's a former USMC scout/sniper and an expert with firearms; I figure:
If you absolutely insist on going this route--the least I can do is introduce you to someone who knows exactly what he's doing, and can guide you through the process of having a realistic idea of tactical impediments and getting the kinds of equipment that will reduce the opportunity for disasterous consequences.

This'll require some pretty special considerations--so, fortheloveofgod, take advantage of this opportunity to pick his brain.