PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL: Start in Oz, continue in UK?
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2009, 22:33
floydy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL: Start in Oz, continue in UK?

First of all - Hi there, this is my first post. This forum came highly recommended so I'll be hanging around!

I wanted to get some help on a question I've been pondering since I don't want to take the casual word from a flight instructor over here in case he or she is wrong.
Basically I am looking to obtain my PPL, I have no flying experience yet. I am currently based in Sydney, Australia but am due to return to London in March 2010. I work a fulltime job and realistically I can't start my flight lessons until start of November, therefore I probably can't get the 45+ hours required flight time to obtain an entire PPL over here before I return to London.

However, I am itching to start and would like to atleast make some headway into obtaining the license. Is it possible for me to begin my PPL training here in Sydney (I am thinking at Bankstown - BWU) then continue the training in London (there I am planning Biggin Hill - BQH)?
I accept the fact that I might have to spend a few more hours learning how to deal with the busier airspace etc but it would be a shame for me to spend 20 hours here only to have it all unrecognised when I return to the UK.

Anyone have any comments or advice?

Cheers!