PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Academy Blackpool
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2009, 21:05
XL319

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive had many dealings with FAB and found them to be very professional, upfront and decent with a fantastic standard of aircraft.

In fact i ran one of their no equity groups and they always stood by what they said (upgrade of aircraft, maintenance etc) and the staff (including Craig when you could get hold of him) were professioonal and polite.

the C152 was still cheaper than many schools.
Joining Desposit on the C152 = £420 which was 6 months standing order which was returnable.
£55.00 wet rate
£70.00 per month standing order (no nasty surprises i.e. engine fund, hangerage, handling etc)

Nothing else required. So if you factor in say flying 10 hours per month it would cost you £62.00 per hour WET not including your landing fee's....bargain considering most schools charge 90-120 per hour wet.

IMO for what it's worth FAB are one of the best schools around (if your a member you can expect about 600-800 off the price of a CPL MEP/CPL IR if your planning on doing commercial training). Even if your not a member it's the going rate and given their standard of aircraft i'm giving serious thought to doing my CPL MEP there.

Oh and Pony2 Craig and FAB got his CPL(CAA) accreditation to do commercial training last year when they had a big celebration so you need to look at your source of information in relation to this matter.