PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2009, 17:52
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Agreed. All this LPL/MAN willy waving is tedious and infantile; no wonder the Mods have to wade in so often".

This contributor is certainly not rattled by the City Of Liverpool, infact I view it as of little significance personally !

I would however concede that the MAN V LIV airport argument is a different matter and ALWAYS warrants further examination, not least given the impact that Liverpool and indeed to a lesser extent Leeds and Blackpool Airports have potentionally had on Manchester Airports traffic volumes in recent years. It took Peel Holdings (which just for the record is a Manchester Based Company) to turn a loss-making white elephant previously owned some years back by that beacon of capitalism "Merseyside City Council" into a major international airport. There is little doubt that this hit Manchester Airports traffic growth and remains a valid on-going discussion point on this thread.

BUT if people are going to wade in with blatant comments about the city itself in more general terms, on what is after all a discussion group about MANCHESTER AIRPORT and related topics I do feel that there s/b at least some right of reply !