PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all A/C Engineers!
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2009, 16:59
kel247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys, I currently work as a Safety Equipment Fitter, which is a bit of a mixed bag really! I undertake tasks like maintaining Liferafts and it associated systems, Repairing equipment used by aircrew (Helmets, Masks, Night vision goggles and Anti G suits etc), so the job I do at the moment is not connected with "Mechanical Engineering" although I have studied the Academic side of it and really enjoyed it
So I would need to start from scratch when I leave, although I have a sound knowlege of workin around A/C and all the procedures that come with that type of employment, I would still need to start again with an open mind!
As to what part of Engineering I wish to work, it would be on the mechanical side of things, Airframes,propulsion etc on A/C directly.
I have spoke to Monarch Airlines and they have said I am to far off leaving for them to give me any solid answers, and of course things can change!
My real dilema is, do I concentrate all my efforts on a job in avaition only to be told at the last minute there is no chance of a job.
Well thanks for your feedback and any tips/ideas that you have will be much appreciated