PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gone is the glamour of an airline career...
Old 11th Aug 2009, 09:41
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB

What utter you are spouting.

There will always be people out there willing to pay for a type rating.
I did it myself back in '83 on a C404 after 6 months unemployment, it was a job and after several years flying Jets it was all I could get.
There were many highly qualified pilots out there seeking too few jobs.

Boycotting SSTR's will not happen, its human nature to get that step ahead by whatever means.

Also what makes you think that you are any better or worse than a cadet pilot who has passed SSTR selection.
Recently I have seen many young men and women (With The Funds) who have gone for the SSTR selection and failed, the standard being higher than they expected.
Others have gone abroad for their SSTR only to find that the course provided a type rating and dependent upon the students performance in training a continuation to line training.

I have stated before that there are too many pilots out there with jaundiced views of the SSTR, many because they failed selection, others because they could not afford the training and resented those who could.

Life is not fair and the sooner that is understood the better this industry will become.

Postings like yours are useless to others as you only breed contempt and doubt upon the ability of SSTR students, an unfair assumption.