PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets / Private Cabin Crew / VVIP / Amiri
Old 10th Aug 2009, 21:03
Katfliesalot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideas on pulling down a good corporate job?

Hi!

My best suggestion for getting a corporate job is to make friends. Let go of a mentality that you need to be a seasoned Flight Attendant to prove yourself in the corporate world. I sense the more one stresses their qualifications, the more they'd distance themself from the showcasing their good-natured personality that wins contacts and references. Make friends with the people at the FBO, the airports, the pilots at the crew hotels - be sincere. How many people's resumes go to the top of the stack by cold-calling at the big charters/fractionals?? Not too many, I would guess. Smiling goes a long way. The desk personnel at the FBO meet how many corporate crews a day, and how many do they know personally? Maybe work part-time at the FBO? Look for reasons to stop by the FBO in a nice business suit, or maybe try your hand working at the corporate caterers?

I suspect that people in corporate hire people they can tolerate on the road. We've all been there. Corporate isn't crewed by the powers that be - if a crew doesn't like you, you won't last. It's waitressing for your teammates. Your skills should give you the quiet confidence to know you belong. There are so many more people working as Flight Attendants in VVIP that have so much less experience than you (and by you I mean just about anybody).

Corporate Flight Attending is waitressing with wings. It's just like working at a restauraunt, except that you are also the hostess, and the bus boy, and the cook, and the bartender, and the person that gets to clean the toilets, and take the laundry to the laundromat and to wrestle with the hotel fax machine at 3am trying to get a catering order in...it's about erratic hours and getting along. You already know about the fire extinguishers and the doors.

Make no mistake - I sincerely believe in a well-trained, confident, safe Flight Attendant. When it comes to pulling down the sweet job - be prepared to make friends.

What do you guys think?