PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-Air Collision Over New York.
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2009, 19:13
Gordy

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
toptobottom

It was clear to me that the US needs far tighter control over who can fly what and when;
Where are you from? I am guessing the UK....so you are probably one of the ones who always complain about the CAA and their regulations....and now you want to impose those same restrictions on us over here...... Please don't.

As for your flight in Vegas...with an "R-22" license this implies a non FAA license...which means that all the restrictions on your foreign license apply...i.e. if you cannot fly at night on it--you cannot do that here. The 20 helicopters were all probably on a set path that you "may or may not have" flown right through.

I flew tours in Hawaii for many years...to the casual observer, it would appear that it was a mess....however, I flew with 26 other helicopters on a 14 mile radius island every day with no near misses and NO ATC. We all went to the same spots on the island, but we had procedures. Thankfully, there were no helicopters to rent on the island, so it was just the professionals.