PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Staff Travel
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2009, 13:13
Pedota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi lowerlobe

Thanks for your response – and thanks for taking the time to reply.

All I can say is Pedota...you have a very fertile imagination...it sounds to me another example of simple jealousy in that some people cannot stand the thought of others receiving something they are not....

The answer to your comment above is ‘negative’. I apologise if I come across with self interest in mind . . . dare I say I have seen quite a bit of ‘self interest’ exposed on this thread. Maybe there is greater ‘intra-company’ disparity on the matter on staff travel than ‘inter-company’ differentials?

The cost to staff is a figure arrived at by the company for various reasons known only to themselves and is not indicative of the cost of operating the airline.

I believe others have agued that that staff travel is a valuable source of revenue for the company – and that staff travel is provided at no cost to the company. My point is that if staff travel is provided at ‘below cost’ then it is being subsidised by revenue paying passengers. Someone told me I was ‘smoking something’ on this point.

But clearly I’m losing this discourse so I will bury my head in shame and hide!

Good luck with the staff travel scheme – I sincerely hope it is maintained in its present form (if not better) on the back of a safe and prosperous business with a happy and content customer base and workforce. What could be better than that?

I also have a question – how to you put ‘quotes’ in those nice boxes? The best I can do is using italics or bold.

Best to all

Cheers

Pedota

Last edited by Pedota; 10th Aug 2009 at 22:51. Reason: Incompetence