PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Emergency Landing or was it?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2009, 08:01
akzah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My question is I guess that you've been over it with the instructor concerned and maybe his CFI? My reason being that you're asking people on here (when you really don't know what their own background is) for opinions on what happened when a) none of us bar you were there and b) you don't really seem to know many of the facts that you would do if you'd discussed it with the instructor. Lots of your comments are about you seeing things (85 knots) or you knowing where he put it down ("before the crest") etc - I'm sure he'd happily discuss what and how he did what he did with you.
True maybe he did need to discuss it more with me. I think there was a bit drama of the fire engines and airport authorities and flight school needing to call ATC etc and some paper work to be done first which took priority.

While we didn't have a full debrief, he did say this was the first time in 1500 hours as a CFI that there was anything like this and that this was rare and not to put me off flying etc.. and also that it was probally rough running.