PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and 900 hours a year limitation?
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2002, 18:17
Captain Stable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, ILUV, not subjective either, as there is plenty of evidence for all my assertions.

I have no doubts about JAA - just about the manner in which its rules are overseen and enforced by the IAA which has been shown, as I say, time and again to be toothless and ineffective.

As long as you and those like you continue to put your head in the sand, refusing to accept that people outside FR know a bit about what goes on there, you will have no credibility whatsoever.

The day that FR does have an accident there will be a queue miles long of people waiting to say "I told you so". It will be a very sad day for European aviation generally, not only because of the possible loss of life, but for jobs, for confidence in other airlines on the part of the paying public, and for all FR employees.

FR can be a major asset to European aviation. I value the competition they provide other airlines, and value the jobs they give people. They would be even more valuable if they could convince many of my colleagues in the Flight Safety community that they were safer than most people seem to think.

You seem to think I am alone in my conclusions. I am not. Furthermore, when it comes to my flight safety qualifications, I am not "self-appointed".