PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air cutbacks?
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2001, 11:56
CaptA320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for at least a "refrained" response 411A, although I must admit I cannot correlate it with the present discussion.
Try not to be so condescending towards others, that way they will value (or in fact even listen to) your opinion and your experience.
I believe the CRM guys call it effective communication. If you start a statement with "you idiot" whatever you say after that will be pretty much neglected.
If you want some insider information regarding GF072 I can tell you that we have even looked at the full comuter animation from Airbus of the track of 072 in the last training meeting. The airline was in no way obliged to do that but the fact that they did tells me a lot. Likewise since GF072 many changes have taken place. A proper CRM course has been established, a train the trainer program has been established to include teaching techniques and the evaluation of non-technical skills through LOFT (NOTHECHS course). We are moving from "event based" training and checking to full LOFT.
So really that tells me that the airline is making a serious effort to correct the sortfalls of the past. GF072 was a human factors issue and it's exactly that the airline is trying to educate us on.