PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is Air Canada losing so much money and what can done about it?
Old 9th Aug 2009, 23:19
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey there tan,

Another EK driver checking in. You couldn't pay me enough to work at AC, you see, I'd like to still be employed a year from now. If you think that's hating, think again. I just like a paycheque and you guys are "dead airline walking".

On the other hand, you're smart to resist the Emirates onslaught. There's no way you can compete with the slave labour of most of the airline here. It's crap that guys get a fortune to saunter our to marshall/load an AC flight. Do you really want to compete with people who load/cater/board/maintain EK's aircraft, in short, work their asses off, for peanuts?

So in short, get your head out of your ass. Or you're going to get stuck with the evil bastards we have in management. You do NOT want EK in Canada more than they are. And they are bound and determined, with huge PR campaigns planned and underway. They will parade smiling cute little asian F/A's in front of the cameras, a few people will remark about what great service they had on an EK flight, they'll bribe the government quietly with other incentive money, and voila, another Australia. You won't hear about the human rights abuses in the UAE, the lack of worker protection, the appalling way they treat employees.

You idiots are just making it easy for them to come and eat your lunch.

Think EK isn't coming?

How you can help | Canada | Public Affairs | About Emirates | Emirates

Notice which country is singled out with a special section?

The VP of International Public Relations, Andrew Parker, is a former British journalist. He will work the press against you until you don't know what hit you.

Smarten up!