PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2009, 23:02
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it is worth and I know it is not much I have no exceptional hatred of snn either. As a young and innocent pimply Cork lad I had many's a happy day or weekend in the Shannon area in the 1970s and 1980s but then over time you see things like what were formerly Cork summer charters being spirited away to snn, then other things like snn being shown favouritism with extended stands with aribridges being put up at snn when Cork did not even get the crumbs from the Aer Rianta table, Mary O'Rourke happy to stick up for snn as Minister for Transport, then the deal with Ducksy which is fine in a way if that is what snn wants. Next thing EI start ORK-MAD and in the next breath there is a snn-Madrid as well and after a small amount of time later both routes are dead.

When I start giving out here it is to make sure that what has happened to Cork down the years in the past never, ever happens again.

For some reason the Italian and Austrian charters were spirited away from Cork this year - I would sure like to know how this came to pass and why they ended up operating to snn and not to Cork.

And I would still like to see a copy of Minister Noel Demspey's recent letter about Shannon New York. This is public domain stuff so it should be out there.