PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air cutbacks?
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2001, 20:06
tulips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gantenbein, GF_001. Criticism noted and point taken.

There is a difference between writing in your second language and just plain laziness, evident in the post. Yes, I would have great difficulty in reading your Arabic; no doubt you would struggle with my French or CaptA320's Greek!

I did not mention the GF 072 disaster that 411A did, knowing the predictable howls from CaptA320, but unfortunately what he mentioned is relevant. The longer real or potential problems are hidden behind the cloak of being politically correct, the more chance there is of further problems. And I assure you, what we do NOT need in this company are more problems.

Those who were in GF 10 or more years ago (well before you joined, Steve!), will recall a far better-managed and happier airline. So what has changed? Too many new expat managers? Maybe not. I do not intend to indulge in mudslinging on this forum, but one has to face facts as they are, and our current predicament speaks for itself.

I know that with the right action GF can be turned around and start being rebuilt into the airline it once was. With the right action.

In the meantime, I will do the job to the best of my abilities, with the company's best interests at heart.

C'est la vie.