PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gone is the glamour of an airline career...
Old 9th Aug 2009, 15:19
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am seriously thinking about my CPL investments now...have i wasted my money ???
YarreYarran, the answer is dependant upon which 'school of thought' you reside within?

Look at Poose's comment and take heed....
"A recession is where the wealth in a country shifts from those that don't know what they are doing, to those that do."
Are you going into this hell for leather, under a false assumption that a 250hr ATPL is a 'do not pass go' ticket to the right hand seat of an airliner? Do you believe that recession or no recession, you will be employed upon completion of your training? Do you think that the life of a pilot equals serious money, serious attention from the opposite sex, 5 star hotels, champagne and caviar? That the likes of BA, Luftansa, KLM and Air France will be champing at the bit to give you a job?

Alternatively you may be of the other 'school of thought.' If so, the very best of luck my friend. Enjoy your training and continue to relish every moment that you take to the skies. Your path to the airlines looks like it will be a tough and lengthy route. But you already knew that of course.