PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2009, 13:46
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have ANA hired anyone form left seat of CRJ to left seat of B6?
I think that game is up thanks to Leisure suit
They have actually, six months after him they hired me and another AJV captain hired six months after me. About that game being up, it is all cyclical and it all depends on supply and demand, when this contract started about 8 years ago they hired a handful of guys that where flying the BAE 146 in Oz as both DEC's and F/O's, that my friend is most definitely a Regional Jet and some of those guys are RTC's today. I agree that for the time being the hiring of regional pilots as DEC's have stopped but due to supply and demand issues, there are simply too many experienced pilots out there looking for a job. Don't get me wrong I'm not defending the guy, I particularly couldn't care less but looking at it without pride nor prejudice, do the Japanese really consider him a "severe problem child" as you described him? he passed his training without any retakes and he passed his OJT with good remarks from all his instructors, he hasn't missed a day at work due to sick calls or he hasn't missed a commute to work, he hasn't gotten a single FOQA report and you can't really say that what it's been said is related to his operation of the aircraft, can you? I contest that management actually considers him a productive pilot, I've flown with the guy three times and he is a safe operator. Do you really think that ANA is going to make a management decision on hiring trends because a couple of chief pursers don't like a particular individual? Or stop hiring from a particular A/C type to filtrate personality trades? Nah, that is more gossipy entertainment than anything else and the Japanese are a little more pragmatic than that.