PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2009, 12:27
BigNumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Zippy,

Sorry for the apparent tardiness in replying to last weeks questions, ( been away for 4 days to the Sim doing my OPC).

To answer / qualify some of my earlier points and your questions.

1. Funding; everyone is different. The 'bank of Mum and Dad' would seem the ubiquitous favorite. It might be argued that a 'fresh blue book' is unemployable so one either writes off their losses or invests a little more to become 'employable'. Further, I believe that a FATPL has a 'shelf life' as newly aquired flying skills are highly perishable, so don't delay unduly! Clearly 500 hours intensive experience on type will have a better 'shelf life' than the TR alone.

2. Who have I met that these 'schemes' have worked out for? Well, the two tenants that I have rented a property out to. The Chap (ex ATP) I met last week in GVA that has now secured a RHS on LR 60 for Vista Jet. 3 Guy's I met in GMNN working for RAM ( Dutch ex Eagle Jet ).

3. I believe it is 'telling', as a thermometer of these schemes, that there are no 'crying' posts from anyone that has bought 500hrs experience on type. Where are all these folks that have been duped?

4. What has this to do with CTC? Well, my fundamental point is that in the new market experience on type is a must. Any scheme, (irrespective of its architecture), that gets a candidate CAT experience on type is the way ahead! Whether you use CTC, ATP, EJ is down to choice, but 500hours on type is the requisite 'gate' to be achieved. Although I note the chap at Vista did well to get a LR 60 type rating ( I'm very jealous ).

Finally, I am no fan of these schemes or the market forces that have given rise to these 'dark' practices. That said, it would seem that it can work out for some people. To this end, I think it is important that these wannabe threads receive a balanced view.

Last edited by BigNumber; 9th Aug 2009 at 14:24.