PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial Pilot Work Experience
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2009, 10:01
OmniRadial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commercial Pilot Work Experience

Hi all

I am a 17 y/o, in year 12 and have a SPL and am approaching GFPT. After I complete year 12 I am going to do my training full time up to CPL + endorsements, etc. At the moment, I don't have a great desire to get into instructing and would like to get straight into charter - once I complete the hard task of finding my first flying job. I understand this will require me to head up north which I am more than happy to do.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any operators who have conducted work experience in the past, or would be willing to take me on for a few days and do a bit of work experience during the September school holidays. I would be particularly interested in somewhere that conducts flights to remote areas, eg. an operator in the Territory; Darwin or Alice, or in WA (somewhere than I can catch a flight to).

I think that this would be a great chance for me to experience flying in the more remote parts of the country, see what the job entails and talk to pilots about the path they took. If there are any operators outside of these areas who do work experience - please let me know as well.

Many thanks

OR