PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is Air Canada losing so much money and what can done about it?
Old 9th Aug 2009, 08:09
jinglied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr "Tan"

Quote..

"It rather entertaining reading all the loser posts by the AC wantabee’s. What’s the matter loser’s, you couldn’t make the grade?"

Quote...

"hotndusty

Whets the matter couldn’t make the grade at AC so you’re hiding out in Dubai?"

Well, for a loser like myself who is "hanging out" with EK in Dubai, for you to suggest that making the grade at AC is so hard, I suggest to you that your thirty years in that company has clouded your senses. I spent a few years at AC a while back, and I will tell you the standards there are certainly no higher than most airlines, including my present one. The basics of your simulator process (AQP), as it was explained to me sounds very "comfortable". (I still have friends in AC with whom I keep in touch) And remember your old version of the FOM, the infamous "550 Manual", the basis of the "550 Course'? Without question the most disjointed Flight Operations Manual I have ever seen. Absolute crap. Credit to you on finally getting rid of that.

"Quote"

"Maybe in the collective wisdom of government a new regulation will be passed prohibiting airlines from losing money."

I have to assume that you are being sarcastic? Although I do recall reading something recently from a member of parliament about reregulating the airline industry? Can't find that article now...

"Quote"

"Unfortunately for you I have over 30 years at AC as a pilot and I recognize AC bashing when I read it."

With respect to you being 30 years at AC, I refer to my comment above. The rest of this quote tells me you have a keen grasp of the obvious.

"Quote"

"You’re just another gutless wonder who never made it.."

..again, I refer to my comments above.

Oh..how to have Air Canada return to profitability? Stop paying F/A's, gate agent's, baggage boys such ridiculous contracts for a start. When a F/A can make more than any brand new F/O, (as happened with me) something is seriously wrong. And it doesn't matter how senior the F/A is OR how junior the F/O. The employment culture within AC is killing it.

P.S. Don't bother coming this way. Dubai, the place, is ****e. Have a nice day.

Jinglie'd