PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 9th Aug 2009, 02:33
ARGPILOT757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qr Interview

from the road show last year:

1) First you will be presented a short video of the company. Where it stands and where it plans to go in the current market. Everything will be painted as beautiful. On a side note, do your homework on the company. If you are complaining about US airlines, you might be in for a surprise. It's not pretty.

2) You will be given a 50 question test. The test is essentially about your general knowledge of the JAA world. You can't study for it. Questions are completely random in subjects. I only remember there was a couple of questions about holding speeds (different from US - have a look at JAR OPS1, 2 and 3-4). When I did the interview, the test was more or less a formality but did see some supposedly experienced pilots fail it - but things may have changed with all the applicants out there - they may be more strict about it. The test is easy if you have international experience - if you don't you are in for a surprise.

3) After the test you have a CRM group test. The test you can find it online - actual one given by NASA. It's a story about how you landed on the moon and your ship wrecked and you have to travel 100 miles to the second ship. You have a list of items you can bring and you have to rank them in order of importance. First you will do this by yourself - when everyone is done - then you compare and decide as a group what should be the answer. Based on your answers versus the group answers you will receive a score. From what I was told by the interviewer is that they want to see that you improve your answers with the group. If you go the opposite way they will not like this.

4) You have the interview - they look extensively at your jet experience and will ask random questions about yourself but also technical questions and procedures about your aircraft. Example, for me I was asked the question, how many degrees of pitch would you fly in the A320 with an engine failure right after takeoff. What would you see on the PFD? Others were asked what is your company procedure for.... Do you agree with it? Do you disagree with it? Bottom line - review the systems of your aircraft - know your airline procedures. There was no questions about "tell me about a time when" type. At least not for me.

for the guys going on the 10th,11th,12th,13th,17th and 18th aug please post some info about the interview.
thanks in advance.

ciao