PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2009, 21:30
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and that nobody comes back after they have flown there first flights.
I don't think anyone said that, I said that after something goes wrong and there is no assistance, people are lost. Ref MOLs famous and honest point on "you paid peanuts" so if you want a hotel and food you can er....go elsewhere.

Certainly says that quite a high percentage must be coming back! Otherwise Ryanair would of ran out of European's a long time ago!
No that's not the case as they are expanding into new markets all the time. There is a whole lot of Europe that Ryanair will be succesful in yet. My point which you haven't tried to understand, and I urge you to read before you post, is that in mature markets, my example was the UK and Ireland, Ryanair are moving aircraft and routes elsewhere where they can get good introductory rates and create a loco market.

I like, the good service, modern aircraft, friendly crew, comfortable seat, and of course the unbeatable price.
I give you price and aircraft I agree with but the seats are OK on a short sector for an average bloke, so I'm happy. The cabin crew often struggle to speak English and are on peanuts for wages. The only time I saw an aircraft's passengers laugh at the cabin crew safety demo was on a UK domestic with Ryanair when not one of the crew spoke passable English. They were actually jeered.

Ryanair can't be faulted, and a lot of people here know that...
That's just silly. There are numerous instances in this thread where Ryanair have been at fault. This is true of any business but to say they are faultless is just laughably naive. Really.

Ryanair does care about it's image, as if it didn't they would not be here now.
The CEO is a chap called Michael O'Leary and if you knew anything about him you knew he doesn't care what the detractors think and that there's no such thing as bad publicity. He enjoys baiting people.

every single airport they go to, soaring growth in passengers, revenue, and in local and national economies.
Rubbish. Dublin, Shannon, Prestwick to name three. It is of course all the fault of the airports who were keen that Ryanair paid to use their facilities. Bad practice allowing your customers to use stuff for free, the benefits appear to have been overstated.

The model works, has worked since the start, works now, and will work forever.
Are you sure you're 17? Work forever? Come on. Juan Trippe thought Pan Am would be here forever. Don Burr thought the same at PeopleExpress. Lord King would not have thought that BA would end up in such a mess. Utter hubris.
you want the best value and comfort. And Ryanair has got the balance perfect.
Comfort? Seriously?

The (so called) World's Favourite Airline - explain the falling passenger numbers.
BA haven't used that tag line since you were nine years old. All legacy carriers are experiencing massive drops in revenue as businesses and consumers cut back on spending. Ryanair are growing as they are charging less and less in the initial cost and making the revenue up in ancillary charges. They are also moving into markets with weak opposition.

Ryanair are a class outfit at what they do but what you are saying above is just palpaby wrong.