PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich Airspace Proposal
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2009, 20:36
off watch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WorkingHard
Quote "For those pilots who transgress CAS without permission (i.e. NOT operating the aircraft within the regulations) there are sanctions so would anyone care to tell us what sanctions may be applied to a controller who similarly transgresses please?"

The answer is mostly found in CAP493, MATS Part 1 , Section 6 - I'm not aware of any ATCO in the UK having been prosecuted, unlike many pilots though.

A quick look at a recent ATC MOR Digest suggests 58 CAS infringements by non-military pilots in one month, so clearly the CAA's sanctions aren't working very well !

There are obviously some well reasoned objections to new CAS aired on Pprune but I reckon these are mostly by pilots who are interested enough in flying to bother to look at the website in the first place. I fear like many things in this country nowadays, the many have to suffer for the transgressions of the few.
Perhaps we should just be grateful that Joe Public in his airline seat isn't canvassed on what protection he wants while flying - no prizes for guessing the answer !