PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excelsis Airways
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2009, 19:41
SWBKCB

Received 112 Likes on 74 Posts
Press release on their website - a quick Google shows that there was an Andreas Blass who was CEO at Binter Canarias

our chief executive officer will be andreas blass. andreas is a highly experienced airline executive with extensive knowledge of tourism & aviation and excelsis is delighted that he has agreed to take the reins of the operation. finding the right path for a fledgling airline is no mean feat, but few are more qualified, or capable of steering the right course than andreas blass. his experience will be vital as andreas has already been involved with the successful start-up of other airlines around the world. andreas says.."i am looking forward to coming to the north-east of england and durham-tees valley in particular, which is a region with a great potential for a regional airline to cater for the local demand for business development. excelsis is looking forward to playing that role and flying for the north-east...."

our flight operations director will be andrew bray. andrew spent over 20 years with the raf, and is a former test pilot. most recently he was overseeing operations at europe’s largest airline training centre in oxford. before that, he was in abu dhabi directing operations for royal jet, the largest vip charter service in the middle east. he will oversee the whole flying operation for excelsis. andrew says... “i’m very excited about finally getting the opportunity to build an operation from scratch using all the knowledge i’ve built-up in thirty years in the aviation industry.”

our chief commercial officer will be keith watson. keith is a multi-skilled sales, marketing and communications manager. he will be responsible for driving all excelsis ticket sales through our website and all other sales channels and key accounts. he was previously working for eastern airlines as head of sales where he gained invaluable experience of marketing a regional airline. he also brings first-hand experience of marketing a route from the north east to london. he’s also worked with other start-up airlines.