PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2009, 13:29
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Barbie, this isn't a matter of the RAF alone, for it shares that deprivation with its military sisters, ie it encompasses all UK Military Aviation. If you accept, or are at least prepared to read up on, my proposition that there is such deprivation, then my earnest appeal to you and indeed all other Professionals in Military or Civilian Aviation, whether serving or retired, is not to underestimate what you can achieve yourself. It is the old old adage that evil, and I use that word advisedly, will flourish when good men and women do nothing. PPRuNe has proved again and again that once the cudgels are taken up, a good cause is listened to and things happen. The things I want to see happen are the establishment of an independent and separate MAA (Military Aviation Authority) and MAAIB (Military Air Accident Investigation Board). Do you share that wish? If so join the party (well there isn't one as such, but who knows?) and post here and on other threads in support of bringing proper Airworthiness Provision and Accident Investigation to UK Military Aviation so that needless accidents and deaths can be avoided in future.
PS Your PPL Cessna accident would have happened almost certainly to an airworthy aircraft (as Shy Torque points out) and would have been the subject of an earnest and objective Accident Investigation by a Professional Investigating Team. Whatever could have been discovered would have been and then fully reported. None of that happened in this case, indeed it might be said quite the reverse did.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 8th Aug 2009 at 13:46.