PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exceeding hours on the maintenance release
Old 8th Aug 2009, 11:08
baron_beeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In NZ you can overun by 5% of the check. That is technically to allow you to fly your plane to a place of maintenance
Wow, that is going back a bit.

The last Maintenance Releases in NZ that I can recall were about 10 years ago. At least the ones that covered the GA aircraft that we are talking about here.

I used to write them out there,- and still do in Oz. The rules in both countries cannot be compared, not now and not then.

I do remember the difficulties we used to have in NZ when this very situation arose. We could not extend the MR without doing the required inspection, in those days the 100hr.

The latitude, then and now, was included by the issuing engineer. I generally annotate mine 50+(-) 5 hours.
The other thing about NZ now is the the RTS requirements can vary widely from operator to operator. The Maintenance Programme for each operator will detail the procedure to be used. Tricky, I know. We can't do any Scheduled Maintenance at all without first referring to the Programme. The Tech Log is nowhere near the document the previous MR was.
The NZ system, the new one, is much easier to use and adhere to. They really did a good job with the new rules. My view at least.