PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New MOD Online Engagement Guidelines - PPRUNE views sought
Old 8th Aug 2009, 09:05
Data-Lynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OWP

Al R. Enjoyed the pic and I have a similar suspicion about corporate 'ollocks. I do think however that you are slightly off target about why the MoD have had to do this.

Take a look at the mass of young military in dusty porta-cabins and tents on the 'welfare' internet. You will find that many of them are using Facebook and various 'Tubes. Good or Bad, this is a large part of their link to reality. While MoD has disabled Facebook, the 'Tubes and now internet banking on the future Defence Information Infrastructure (DII/F) for "security" reasons, it has not yet messed up the package to Theatre.

Personally, I am relieved that the Mgmt has recognised this and is trying to deliver some kind of policy, especially as the internet is part of the Operational Welfare Package (OWP), much trumpeted by the Govt. Perhaps some help would be more useful than that:
out of touch look that you get when you 've just spent the week on an anger management course?