PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Navigation questions
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2009, 16:42
The Hypnotoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool ATPL Navigation questions

I'm self studying above exam using AFT notes, which have proved very helpful, but when I come across LPSD questions I end up in a heap. Not because I don't understand the theory behind it (the way AFT say to go about it and plot lines all over your ERC is very simple) but the problem is I cannot get a distance measurement accurate enough. I'm just using a WAC scale ruler and then multiplying by 3 as one "WAC" mile seems to equal about three "ERC" miles.
I'm sure the answer I get would be sufficient enough for real world ops but in CASA theory exam land my answer will plonk me, 99% of the time, smack bang between the two "most correct" CASA answers. As an example the question I just completed had 260NM and 270NM as the "most correct" answers and my working got an answer of 264NM. So I picked 260NM and was wrong.
Is there a better way? Is there such a thing as an ERC ruler? I'm looking for the obvious but can't see it and I'm doing my head in yet hundreds have been there before and found a way? Help would be great!