PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2009, 12:12
dannyalliga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You forgot sector pay which currently has no tax (RYR contract Captains and F/O's)
And you forgot to say that Irish tax has increased eroding therefore net incomes and also forgot to mention that permanent contracts are no longer offered so from now on we can only talk BRK.

BRK pilots on 800 hours per year (Prior to new hires) earn €5000 per month averaged over 12 months.
Many BRK pilots have their own tax situation under control, new hires must conform to Brookfields T & C's.

I was speaking to a few BRK pilots recently all had obtained tax relief on several items as they work on self employed tax status, and expect to pay between £3500-£5000 tax for past year, plus accountancy fees (Tax deductable)
5000 euros a month for a Capt. is a poor salary, especially if on top of that you've gotta pay an accountant (3% of income for those suggested by BRK) health insurance, pension, loss of licence, hotels and transport for sim, your medical, your uniform, your car park, your ID and so on.

Be thankfull in this current economic climate that RYR are recruiting, more pilot lay offs are being announced weekly, Monarch, BA, Virgin.
I would be thankful if the company was also thankful to their employees, especially when announcing the usual massive gains of which we don't see a single penny...or we actually see even less than previously I should say.