PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What type of service do you require? (UK)
Old 7th Aug 2009, 11:54
Jumbo Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, there's a lot more in that last post, Mister Geezer, that I can agree with - I read it quite differently from where I thought you were coming from in your earlier posts on this thread.

However, you mention Norwich ... there are two other threads running already on that topic and I have made my views known there - but suffice it to say that I do not consider the airspace "grab" that Norwich Airport (NIA indeed!) are progressing is either necessary or appropriate. It is precisely that kind of proposal that angers many in GA (like being called "stakeholders") and generates the almost instinctive knee-jerk resistance to expanding CAS that currently exists outside commercial operators.

As HD has pointed out, we perhaps tend to view these matters from a rather different standpoint than many GA PPLs. However, the problem remains the same - coordinating GA and commercial traffic for their mutual benefit, without the imposition of unnecessary constraints or procedures on the otherwise free and unrestricted use of the "Open FIR" by GA.

JD