PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2009, 08:24
pee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizz seem to be quietly carving up a huge niche in the European and 'close to' Europe market.
I was very eager to fly with Wizz this summer and decided to travel some 300kmtrs by car to Turku to be able to try it out. And... you know what? It was a very positive experience. Well, WIZZ is certainly a follower of a "big brother" Ryanair. They do have a very similar business model, in many regards. Having probably as low cost base as FR have, serving the same or similar airports and targeting comparable passenger groups they've succeeded in creating a more sympathetic brand (pax-friendlier), so being on some occasions a counterpart and sometimes a rival of FR, they do have all chances to succeed in carving these niches in the future as well.

I wasn't myself if I didn't mention our Finnish "niche" market. You have some planes in Bulgaria, don't you? Try some connections to Finland therefrom. I'm not a special enthusiast of the Bulgarian beaches, but many young Finnish people really are. Give it a try (or take them anywhere towards the sun).