PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2009, 01:46
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarbiesBoyfriend
Campers!

For goodness sakes!

Pilots mess up from time to time! (even me).

Be they PPL, ATPL, Military Special Forces or some other type.

All are trained to do what they do. ALL have demonstrated that they can do what they were trained to do. And yet accidents happen, both to the PPL the ATPL and the military, even military SF pilot.

Now, I'll agree that these guys "guilt" can not be proved. At least in a court of law.

In the eyes of a fellow pilot, however, they surely cocked it up big time- as I may do someday myself- God forbid!

If I ever do, somehow I doubt that, even if the circumstances are similar to the Chinook crash, anyone will give a flying F&ck!

And why should they?

They'd say I was a c*nt for pressing on and having the classic VMC into IMC followed by cumulo-granitas accident

Personally, IF I'd been flying that Chinook, I'd have pulled up hard as I went IMC (esp as MAC has no DME) and f&ck the icing. And I think these guys did exactly that.

Are SF pilots different to the rest of us 'mere' pilots?

Can they never f*uck up?

I'll bet, if these guys could speak, they'd have a lot to say.

And they probably would not choose to slag off their own aircraft. (as a lot of folk have done here)

To complain about the indictment of gross incompetance is silly. The fine is already paid.
I have high lighted one word and one word only as it sort of sums up yours and the MOD's stance.

It quite succinctly proves that neither you nor they actually know what happened so thanks for that