PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jandakot Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2009, 01:45
QSK?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get very disheartened when I read these reports as they always make me question my ME training, my decision making capabilities and whether my reactions or decisions would have been any better than the pilot concerned.

My conclusion is that the quality of my multi training was probably no different, my experience is nowhere near this guy's and, therefore, my decision making and reaction would have probably been the same - or worse. How does a pilot train themselves to resist that overpowering urge not to crash following an engine failure by retarding the throttles and taking your chances on an overun?

There are many lessons here in this report, particularly with respect to take off planning and briefing, which I will take home and digest in the hope that that I can improve my approach and technique. But, to suggest this pilot was negligent is extremely harsh in my view and my heart goes out to him. I hope he comes out of this OK.

With respect to TO/LDG planning and briefing, do any of you airline or experienced GA ME operators have a good checklist or can suggest an appropriate TO/LDG performance card format suitable for GA ME ops? If you have suggestions, please PM me as I don't wish to hijack this thread. Thanks