PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ra Aus Not Goming To A Cta Near You
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2009, 21:17
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I could ask CASA or the FAA. Oh wait, they have already made up their minds about the issue and they allow you to fly with these engines. 'nuff said.
Baswell......NOT ENOUGH SAID..........clearly you are not familiar with the process of putting one of these "Auto" conversions on the VH register! Now I have not and will not, but in saying that, the guy who does my CofA's , a CASA AP (ex RAF and QF LAME and pilot) who really does know the figures, (and beats me how but really knows the regs), will happily write you out a CofA for your auto engined Warp-Borer MkIII...........But wait, There's more!!!! You will also get a big bunch of restrictions in your CofA as is required. It WILL include exclussions from CTA and built up areas. You may depending upon their opinion of the design/build get assigned a test area like Woomera where you pose little threat to the rest of the population.

So before you get carried away with the idea of jamming an AUTO conversion in your IFR six seater, and blasting around CTA......wake up and go talk to someone who really knows their stuff. SAAA would be a good start!

Believe me when I say after building one a/c with an approved engine I thought I learned a lot, then building another and IFR........I discovered I knew bugger all before.....and I am still trying to keep up!

J

PS Ohhh and while I think of it, some ppruners may even know the guy, but aforementioned AP was telling me about a Sydney based guy (maybe airline pilot) who spent a fortune on a Subie in an RV6 or 7, anyway after several failures......firewall forward refit!!! A Lycosaurus went in, he was bored with finding paddocks!

Now back to topics after my own thread drift.