PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training in Florida, September 2009
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2009, 17:02
trigger0071

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, just a little bit of info regarding PPL in florida. I done mine at OBA last year.

It states you can do PPL in 3 weeks, it took me 7 weeks in total. This was due to the weather and that the school was busy. I dont think they are busy at present, but i'd factor in another week for weather issues. You will also have to pay for extra accomadation if you go over 3 wks. The accomadation is about 20 mins or so walk to school, you might be lucky and grab one of the left over bikes. Also, the accomadation is basically in the middle of nowhere, which means you need to get taxi's everywhere. For example to go food shopping. In the end this got on my nerves so I hired a car.
Study, study and study before you go. Make sure you are ready to sit your PPL exams when you turn up, will take the pressure off you when
you are there. Nothing worse than studying for exam plus preparing for your following mornings lesson!
I have a friend who also done PPL at OBA and has just completed CPL at EFT. He highly recommends EFT over OBA...food for thought.
Finally, if your thinking of doing some hour building later on I highly recommend AirAmerica at Daytona int'l. Great set-up and I was paying $70 hr for a 150, much cheaper than hr building from JAA schools. It was also great experiance as it was a busy int'l airport. All you need to do is apply for a FAA PPL prior to going.
Happy flying!!