PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2009, 13:50
Flyingstig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is`t it time you guys called a truce? your going round in circles here. There is some good sense (Bruce is right about the unions) and there is a lot of ****e.

At best its not union - bashing (old fashioned emotive term!) but hard bitten realism v a bit of misguided optimism.
When Dan Air was taken over BALPA supported BA s highly selective `rescue`.BA told BALPA "accept it or we bin the lot! Did BALPA stand up and say "try it?" did thye try to call BAs bluff.No. I was told " when we told you on joining BALPA at the sweet age of 19 that seniority was carved in tablets of stone...........we were only kidding".
Those of us impertinant enough to take BA to the Industial Tribunal (and win!)were a constant source of embarrassment to BALPA and they kept on trying to make us settle (for pathetic sums!).
When things are going well for pilots then collective bargaining is good and it might as well be BALPA as any other union. But when things get tough do not expect them to stick their necks out!
They will however, continue to take from you one of the highest union contributions on record!

Now, why dont those of you who have a job get on with it and enjoy your paid days off with your families.
And let those of us who dont have that luxury, do the best we can.
I for one wont spend my time off following endless scrapping here!!