PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2009, 11:13
veetwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zippy Monster has hit the nail on the head. Where does it end? You pay for a £70,000 integrated course. You then pay for a £25,000 type rating. You then pay for 500 hours line training (which incidentally, despite whatever you may be told or might think, is worth diddly squat at the moment). Then you do what? Pay for 500 more? How long before there is a scheme offering "1500 hours" to unfreeze your ATPL? I suspect not long.

After that, you are given a "cadet" salary and a "flexi" contract whereby you are kicked out for 6 months over winter and left to your own devices. And that's if you are one of the lucky ones!

People wail "well what are we supposed to do?". I'm afraid the answer to that is - something else. At least for the time being until things improve. Of course, if you have money to burn then no one, least of all an anonymous poster on pprune, is going to convince you otherwise. Good luck to you. Personally I think you'd have to be barking mad.

People getting themselves in to unmanageable amounts of debt is how the economy got in to to such a mess. Quite how people are still managing to get these huge flight training loans approved is beyond me.

V2