PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career changes for ex Cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2009, 08:17
flying clea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I have been flying for 19yrs now for the same company and thought that was me until god knows when. Being in the bubble for this length of time made me sit up and think, realising that something must be out there for me.

Over the past year I've been doing my HNC/SVQ in social care which I must admit is enjoyable although sometimes difficult to fit in during the summer. I have the added bonus of getting paid for this and also getting practical experience.

Once qualified I have been given the opportunity to work sessional in this area and still work in the airline. Maybe even go part time in both which gives me the best of both worlds. Our experience in the airline industry gives us a wealth of experience from all areas and you should put this to good use and just keep plugging away until the right thing comes along. Good luck to you all who have left and made a life outside flying although I'm sure you do miss the job in some way or another.I'm sure I will if I take the big step away from flying

Cheers