PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need Flying Job
Thread: Need Flying Job
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2009, 05:37
M14_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As has been posted elsewhere, you guys need to 'dig in' to an area or region, where there is activity. It may mean that you don't have local knowledge or meet the requirements. However, you must network and dig in and focus on learning about, and getting to know as many people within the industry as pos. Listen to all that is said to you, and get a job, any income, within the aviation industry even better, to get by.

Where we live, in mountainous terrain, pilots who come here from flat regions have no chance getting work as the environment is very different. However, those that complete training in that region, whether it be local currency, instructors or other, you will put yourself in a great position.

I personally took a different route when I was younger and got a small bank loan which I paid off long ago - I own my own business and have done for 3 years. There is alot of opportunity for those keen to explore it.

One thing that I'd reccommend to all, is get a Cessna 206 rating if you don't already have one, not cheap in most places but they are so commonly used in GA these days that not to have one will give you very little chances. All other big engine CEssnas are similar so to have a 206 rating when you become qualified is a must.

good luck folks and hang in there.