PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From twin piston to twin turbo prop
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2009, 19:22
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the Citation I can fire up and fly without a checklist. The KingAir??? Wouldnt dream of it

Errhh, what?

No hard on?

The B200 is a dream to fly, easy, rugged, versatile, you name it. 4000+ hrs in it, still love it. Next February is my 20th anniversary on the type. Will do a checkride on it on Saturday, getting exited already.

Okay, I´m exaggarating, a little bit. But I still like it and I´d fly it for living rather than any citation (booooooooring) [former ratings: C501/551, 550/560 & 650, current on the 525 & 680]

As for the hotstarts, make sure to preserve every little bit of battery and you´ll be fine. Draining the batt by lights avionics etc is the key to desaster on any turbine. Don´t really now what you mean by that 14% thing, gordon?

Flying is easy, easier than any piston twin I have come across. A very forgiving aeroplane.
IF you have any say, try to get a KA with a Raisbeck kit, preferably Props, intakes, inboard leading edges and aft body strakes. Turns it in a 'B250' really.

Down side ? You'll be flying longer jet-type sectors and if you're coming back from Europe in a 100kt headwind adding 200nm to your journey you'll be wishing you'd gone to the loo before you left
Mack this guy is 24, no prostate probs I suppose... a very true post I have to say, I remember a 4 hrs flight from Ukraine to Germany in a 140 kts headwind. But there still is the tube below the drivers seat...