PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Progress Vs 43rd Flight School
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2009, 19:11
Der absolute Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you guys are goint o widen your field of search then you had better do some searching on Pprune. There has been a lot of stuff written about various schools, including SAFTA, which, as far as I know, has absolutely nothing to do with SAA.
FTS at Grand Central is run by two SAA Senior First Officers but is not 'accredited' to SAA. I do not think that any school in SA is. FTC at George is still, I think, owned by an SAA Senior 340 Captain.
I would strongly suggest that you have a good search, especially VaV SAFTA and, as someone has said before...do not be led up the garden path...I do not think it makes a blind bit of the difference which school you went to in the sense of getting an edge on the job front. It is very difficult to get a job anyway-either at the moment-or historically speaking, fresh out of flight school-not in SA-but then, check what the flavour of the month is in Kenya.
Many of us became teachers in the wildreness before we ascended to the great heights of the aluminum contrails.
Safari njema!