PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dont Worry lads...we've ordered some more Typhoons instead
Old 5th Aug 2009, 11:07
Romeo Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
show that you have no appreciation for how times have changed and what is actually happening in Afghanistan.
Not so, old boy. I just happen to believe that the Army should have the RW and leave the fixed wing stuff for the RAF. I have every respect for the outstanding job being done by too few, on too little and far more resources should be made available (should have been available before embarking on the operation). However it should be Army RW. It's only my opinion, you don't have to agree. At no time have I denigrated the courage and professionalism shown by RW pilots (Army and RAF) so there's no need to discuss the following
If only more people in the wider Airforce/MOD realised how much Rotary mates actually put themselves and their crews lives on the line on a daily basis maybe there would be a little more appreciation from the 'FJ Mafia'.
If your real bitch is that you feel undervalued then I entirely understand and agree with you ( I was a navigator after all and can see it from your perspective) However, if the Army was to "have" the RW assets then the rest of the RAF could get on with their job of operating fixed wing aircraft.
Doubtless some other group would have a bitch but 'twas ever thus.