PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caption competition
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2009, 10:38
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's the decision?

The trouble with Buster is that he's busting a gut to win one of these, having been a perennial runner-up. Buster is the caption competiton equivalent of golf's Greg Norman.

However, while mine is not to judge, the delay (if the adjudicator does not reappear) may force a decision based on acclamation. So, in my opinion, there's nothing else for it. NR Fairy has not reappeared within the nominal timeframe. Therefore, I propose the following (this is going to draw the crabs!):
  • as a previous holder of the crown, my decision will be final.
  • the current 10 day judgement period exceeds by 3 the normal and accepted time-span for a decision.
  • people, who are waiting for a life-changing decision (Buster), wet beds for less than this - which makes it a duty-of-care issue.
  • but that is dependent on whether the fairy reappears within 24hrs and delivers judgement- 24hrs grace is considered adequate, given the concomitant stresses that people (Buster) are already suffering.
  • if the fairy does not reappear within 24hrs, I will take full cognisance of the intervening, and immediate, feedback from all members belonging to this august thread.
  • I will then consider that feedback, and make a decision based on the majority view.
  • where there is no clear majority view, I will exercise my discretion.
  • this may offend, but the thread has stalled and we need to move on.
  • finally, in the interests of democratic process, and if someone has a better idea- file it NOW.
Decision time, barring Fairy intervention, will be 1030 GMT.