PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong and Bali
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2002, 22:39
ST.CRISPIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't expect a suntan in honkers, depending on whether you like to be in the middle of it all or not stay away from Kowloon with regard to accomodation. I found HK island much better and still only 5 mins boat away from the action in Kowloon. Try to Visit shenzen special zone, less commercial then HK, in China proper, but not too much Chinese. You can get a china visa in HK for about 20 quid single entry and 40 multi entry. Macau is REALLY nice and only about an hour away by Cat or ferry. Be careful clubbing in Honkers as some places are really dodge. Have stayed all over from the cheapest, IBIS on HK island around £20 per night incl breakfast to the Shangrila on HGk island, just back from there and i got a rate of £180 for a double room, right next to Pacific shopping centre, good for the Credit Card !
Fantastic places to eat and lots to do in honkers, get yourself a lonely planet or similar and keep a few days for chilling out/trips to Macau/China
My only experience of Bali was last year on standby for 3 DAYS in Honkers and no chance of getting on, so get backups!!!!!! I'm trying the OZ way next year!!!