PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Pilots based at Belfast
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2002, 22:17
kriskross

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi BFS,

It's good to see you taking an interest in aviation and in easyJet, and I hope one day you succeed in you dream. EasyJet are only now starting up a mini-base in BFS and at the moment the pilots are only starting to be based there.

The crews who you see at the airport are from Liverpool, Luton and Edinburgh, who either fly the planes in and straight out again or who night stop in a local hotel for the early morning flights.

You are right that the only international flight is to Amsterdam, but with current expansion, watch this space!!! At the moment we fly from Aldergrove to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool and Luton as well, and our future colleagues from Go, fly to Bristol, East Midlands and Stansted.

I would be very difficult for you to have a flight deck visit, due to the current security restrications. I'm sure you understand the reason for those, and also that the crews are extremely busy on our 20 minute turn-rounds. Sorry not to sound too helpful on this, but the situation may slowly improve for you.

Best wishes